Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship (IIE)
The Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship (IIE) was established in the year 1993 in Guwahati by the erstwhile Ministry of Industry (now the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises), Government of India as an autonomous national institute with an aim to undertake training, research and consultancy activities in small and micro enterprises focusing on entrepreneurship development.
The institute began operating from April 1994 with the North East Council (NEC), Governments of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh and Nagaland and SIDBI as its other stakeholders. It is also An ISO 9001:2008 Certified Organisation.
- To promote and develop entrepreneurship.
- To conduct research and provide consultancy for entrepreneurship development.
- To coordinate and collaborate with other organizations in undertaking training, research and other activities to increase outreach of the institute.
- To provide consultancy and monitoring service to MSMEs/ potential entrepreneurs and enhancing employability of participants.
- To promote greater use of information technology in the activities/ functions of the IIE.
- To comply with statutory responsibility.
- Designing and organising training activities for different target group and undertaking research in the relevant to entrepreneurship.
- Improving the efficiency, effectiveness and delivery of the change agents and development practitioners i.e. trainers, support organizations engaged in enterprise building. etc.
- Provide consultancy service to the prospective and existing entrepreneurs.
- Increasing the outreach of activities of the institute through collaborative activities and increasing their effectiveness through use of different tools of information technology.
- The Institute is located at Lalmati, Basistha Chariali, 37 National Highway Bypass, Guwahati.
- The institute has a 1 Library and Documentation Centre; 1 seminar hall; a guest house at IIE Residential flat located at RG Boruah Road Ganeshguri chariali, Guwahati; a hostel with 42 fully furnished single rooms with attached bath, 1 auditorium with the seating capacity of 200.
- The institute also has state offices in seven states - Nagaland, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, and Meghalaya.
- Trainings: Are primarily divided into two categories:
(ii) Non-ATI Trainings: The institute conducts 36 trainings related to entrepreneurship ranging from 600hrs to 15 days. These trainings are conducted free of cost or at nominal charges.
- Research: The Institute undertakes research and studies either on its own or on sponsored basis and provides consultancy in the field of growth and development of MSME across North East India and beyond. The Institute alpso acts as a catalyst and a resource centre for providing various inputs on policy formulation for promoting entrepreneurship and development of MSME to Central and State governments. Another major focus area is evaluation of various Central and State government organisations and schemes. Action Research is also undertaken on development of MSMEs.
- Consultancy: It offers advice and consultancy in the various areas of entrepreneurship, including, Enterprise planning; Enterprise Management; Enterprise Expansion, Diversification & Growth; Management Consultancy; Marketing consultancy with specialization on export and border trade; Technology sourcing; Technology propagation; Project and Reports.
- Seminars and Workshops: The Institute organizes Seminars and Workshops to share experiences on implementation of programmes of self-employment and entrepreneurship, 0n current topics and awareness generation. Besides, the institute organizes Entrepreneurs Meet to understand and appreciate their problems in launching projects and managing them successfully.
- Projects: The institute has also undertaken various projects such as, Centre for Sustainable Livelihood promotion (CSPL); Regional Resource Centre (RRC) for Cluster Development; Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Development (STED) Project; and Rural Industries Programme (RIP)
- Publications: The institute publishes Newsletters, Books, Annual Reports, and Results Framework Document.
Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship (IIE) signed a Memorandum of Understanding, signed initially for three years, with Arunachal University of Studies, Namsai, Arunachal Pradesh on 5th March, 2014 at IIE campus, Guwahati, Assam to promote and develop entrepreneurial environment. The Arunachal University of Studies is authorised to establish and approve new Skill Knowledge Providers (SKP) for facilitating joint certification with IIE.
For more information visit http://www.iie.nic.in/.