Training of Craft Instructors is the mandated responsibility of DGT and it is operational since the inception of the Craftsmen Training Scheme (CTS). Comprehensive training both in skills and training methodology is imparted to the instructor trainees to make them conversant with techniques of transferring hands-on skills, to train skilled manpower for the industry.
During admissions in academic session 2021-22, it was assessed that about 15,000 ITIs with seating capacity of more than 35 lakhs. NCVT has mandated that all trainers in ITIs need to be CITS trained. Present capacity in National Skill Training Institutes (NSTIs) for training of trainers is 8125 per annum with total seating capacity being 12765 (including of govt. and pvt. ITOTs – 4640). During academic year August 2021, a total of 8133 candidates have taken admission (63% seats filled) in NSTIs.
Under the Crafts Instructor Training Scheme programme, the eligible candidates are those who possess NTC / NAC / Diploma /Degree qualifications. Training in 27 Engineering trades and 9 non-engineering trades is being offered.
Craft Instructor Training Institutes:
Training is conducted in the following Central Institutes:
- NSTIs at Hyderabad(Vidya Nagar), Hyderabad(Ramanthapur), Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Kanpur, Ludhiana, Dehradun, Bengaluru, Choudwar, Calicut, Haldwani, Jodhpur and Jamshedpur.
- NSTIs for Women in Noida, Panipat, Indore, Jaipur, Allahabad, Thiruvananthapuram, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Mumbai, Vadodara and Tura.
- New NSTIs for Women at Mohali,Shimla, Patna, Agartala, Tiruchirappally, Hyderabad, Goa and UT of Jammu.
- New NSTI Extension centres at Leh, Vizag and Puducherry.
Training is also conducted in the following Government ITOTs:
- 6 Government ITOTs at Lucknow (UP), Talcher (Orissa), Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), Rohtak (Haryana) ,Davangere (Karnataka) and Malavalli (Karnataka).
- 12 Private ITOTs at Hissar, Sirsa, Matloda, Ambala (Haryana), Kangra (Himachal Pradesh), Jatni (Odisha), Faizika, Bathinda, Patiala (Punjab), Jhunjunu (Rajasthan), Baghpat (Uttar Pradesh).
For more information kindly refer https://dgt.gov.in/CITS